RINspirational Upcycling - Discover ways customers enhance our products with handy tips
Passionate as we are about our incredible range of products, one of the absolute delights of our job is seeing the ways in which you lovely people have put them to use. We’ve noticed some incredible projects which have been shared in our review sections and over social media and we want more!
We’re setting up the RINspiration Club for those of you who already take our products and add your own special style to them. We’d love for your talents and enthusiasm to inspire a whole new raft of upcycling and repurposing. The idea is to create a space where crafters and upcyclers can inspire and mentor each other through the process.
You can find out more about the club and its benefits through the link, but if you’re new to upcycling or on the hunt for some ‘RINspiration’ then we’re here to help. Many of our products provide the ideal canvas upon which you can stamp your own personality. Take a look at some of the projects our clients have already undertaken and see if that doesn’t get the creative juices flowing!
Our box photo frames are a great starting point for all manner of creative projects. With a generous depth of 13mm (and adaptable for even more room for those who like to tinker) you can fill them with so much more than a photo. Here are a selection of the fun and frankly funky things our customers have come up with. We just love the combination of elements that go together to create something that is unique and characterful.
Father's Day RINspiration...
This Lego hero inspired piece makes a thoughtful and cheeky Father’s Day gift.
Add natural 3D to your images without the tech
Scrabble tiles, sea glass and sequins are all also great materials to add an extra dimension to your project.
Customise your tableware for special occasions
This snazzy little number started life as a humble gin and tonic glass.
We’ve also seen glitter being used to great effect on glassware. The perfect way of adding a little extra fizz and sparkle to your cocktail.
RINspirational tips for your next project
Ready to get making? We’ve put together a short ‘how-to’ guide for undertaking upcycling projects.
- Preparation is key. Make sure you have all the elements to hand and a clear idea of what you want to make. Have a plan of action and ensure that your work area is free from dust and any clutter. Set aside a good amount of time for your project - a rush job is rarely a good job.
- Let your imagination run wild. Don’t be tempted to play it too safe in terms of colour and design. Have fun with your design and you’ll turn it into an item you’ll cherish. Don’t be afraid to make something spectacular - take a look at this incredible plate light fitting made by Salvaged Grace. Take our white crockery and get crafting!
- The best laid plans of mice and men go oft awry. Made a mistake? Try not to panic. Most things will be reversible, if not perhaps you can alter your design to incorporate your error and even make a feature of it. If you find yourself getting stressed out, take a breather and come back to it later. Some of the world’s best inventions and discoveries were made by accident, (think Penicillin and tea bags) so you’re in good company!
- Don’t be tempted to cut corners. Proper finishing makes all the difference and will make your piece one to cherish. Who knows, once you’ve got this nailed you could even get in on some Etsy action and adorn other people’s homes too!
- Share! When you’ve completed your creation don’t forget to post some images on social or over our reviews section. We’d love to hear about your inspiration, who the lucky recipient is and if you have any tips and hints to share.
Upload your shots onto social so that as many people as possible will see your beautiful creations and don’t forget to tag us. Twitter: @RinkitLtd Facebook: @rinkitltd Instagram: @rinkitltd. We’d love to welcome you into the RINspiration Club - with a host of benefits it’s definitely a club you’ll want to be a part of!
- Scott Hargrave