With the sun FINALLY making an appearance there’s no better time to dust off your bottle of gin, grab some prosecco and strawberries and start making some delicious summer cocktails for your friends and family! I’ve put together a well-tested guide that includes the best summer cocktails, so that you can enjoy the sunshine the right way and bring the hotel bar to your home!
5 Summer Cocktail Recipes
Take a look below and find our list of the best summer cocktail recipes to get your garden party started. In need of cocktail glasses to take your cocktails to the next level? Don’t worry at Rinkit! We offer a range of cocktail glasses from contemporary highballs to classic martini glasses and even cocktail making sets that are great fun and get everyone involved!
1. Frozen Watermelon Margarita
If you’re after a cocktail that is extremely minimal but also tastes like summer in a glass then look no further. The Watermelon Margarita is a five-ingredient twist on the classic tequila-based tipple.
750g Watermelon diced and frozen
1 bowl of sugar (for the glass rim)
5 wedges of lime
80ml Lime Juice
1 handful of ice cubes
- Chop the watermelon into cubes, then pop into a large freezer bag and freeze overnight.
- Rub one lime wedge around the rim of the glasses and then dip the glasses into your bowl of sugar.
- Pop the frozen watermelon and ice cubes, tequila, and lime juice into a blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a slushy texture.
- Add sugar to taste, depending on how sweet you like your cocktails!
- Pour equally into four glasses, add lime and watermelon wedges, as well as mint as a garnish, and serve immediately, you don’t want this one to melt!
This cocktail looks best served in our Bormioli Rocco 8 Piece Nadia Glassware Set, using either the highballs or tumblers for a sophisticated touch to your tipple!
Or to keep it classic, why not serve them in our Bormioli Rocco Ypsilon Margarita Glasses, the elegantly long stem will keep the cocktail cold and icy and the curved moulded glass offers up a dash of glamour.
2. The Clementine Martini
For something citrusy why not try this zesty Clementine Martini filled with fizz. This is the ideal accompaniment for when you’re celebrating something special!
4 Clementine’s (3 Juiced and one thinly sliced)
½ a bottle of fizz (Choose your preferred!)
- Pop five martini glasses into your freezer.
- Mix the clementine juice, vodka, and Cointreau in a jug, or do like a pro using our cocktail shakers, available here!
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Pop a slice of clementine into each glass and then pour the concoction into each glass, filling almost halfway.
- Pop your bottle of fizz and top up, then it’s time to toast!
Naturally, we would recommend drinking this from a martini glass, but why not go all out and make it using our Rink Drink Boston Cocktail Shaker & Martini Glasses Set, perfect for putting on a show in front of guests!
3. The Cucumber Collins
This is one of the best summer cocktails out there and I only discovered it year or so ago, but I would now consider it one of my favourite combinations of flavours! Fresh and floral, this is guaranteed to cool you down and keep you quenched in the summer heat.
8 Cucumber Strips (Peeled)
60ml Elderflower Cordial
30ml syrup (or you can use three teaspoons of sugar mixed with three teaspoons of water if you don’t have any syrup!)
100ml soda water
A splash of prosecco (Optional)
Sprig of mint
- Mix together the lemon juice and syrup.
- Add the gin and elderflower and mix or use a shaker and shake!
- Fill each glass with ice then place two peeled cucumber slices into each glass so they sit in a swirled shape against the glass.
- Pour the mixture equally into each glass.
- Top-up with soda water and prosecco if you fancy a dash of fizz and pop a sprig of mint for flavour and garnish!
For this beverage, we would suggest serving in our LAV Derin Highball Glasses for a cool and contemporary vibe that will perfectly show off the cucumber and mint.
4. Pina Colada
One of the most popular and if not the best summer cocktail, the piña colada! Whether you’re going on holiday or not this summer, bring a slice of the Caribbean to you by rustling up this tantalising treat.
½ a Pineapple, Peeled and Cut into 1.5-inch Pieces
180ml of Sweetened Cream of Coconut
60ml Unsweetened Coconut Milk
240ml White Rum
2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
60ml Dark Rum
430 Grams of Ice
4 Fresh Cherries (with stem)
1 Lime (Sliced into quarters)
- Pop the pineapple pieces into a freezer bag and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
- Blend the pineapple, cream of coconut, coconut milk, white rum, lime juice, and about a blender until smooth. Place the blended mixture into the freezer and freeze for around 25-30 minutes.
- Blend again until the mixture is a slushy consistency and pour equally into four glasses.
- Top off with a dash of dark rum, if using, and garnish each with a cherry and lime wedge, then sit, sip and relax!
In my personal (and professional) opinion, the only way to enjoy a piña colada is with our Bormioli Rocco Sour Pineapple Cocktail Glasses with a deep bevelled design inspired by the pineapple, these oversized tumblers will add an extra element of tropical theatre and fun to any occasion.
Or for something more minimal and modern, how about pouring your piña colada into our Argon Tableware Tondo Highball Glasses, the toughened glass construction makes them perfectly durable if you want to serve them at a party!
5. Strawberry Mojito
Another twist on an old classic is the berry-eautiful strawberry mojito! The fruity flavour offers up a sweeter taste, whilst still retaining that classic minty base.
4 Tablespoon of Sugar, 4 Tablespoon of Water (Mixed to create a simple syrup)
12 Fresh Strawberries
120ml Lime Juice
240ml Light Rum
360-480ml Soda Water
- Chill four highball glasses for around 1 hour
- In a large jug muddle the simple syrup, strawberries, and mint leaves together with the back of a spoon or muddler.
- Stir in the lime juice and rum.
- Fill each glass with ice, then pour the mixture equally over the ice.
- Garnish with mint or strawberries!
Our LAV Bodega Highball Glasses were made to serve mojitos as their large capacity and wide shape means you can fit plenty of ice in to create a perfectly cool and cold cocktail!
Enjoy the Weather and Sip on the Best Summer Cocktails!
So there we have it, the best summer cocktail recipe guide, tried and tested by myself! Whether you’re looking to get the party started or want a fun date night with your other half, these cocktails are a sure-fire way of impressing and adding some atmosphere.
Choose Rinkit! To Find Cocktail Glasses for All Occasions
If you do make any of these cocktails or you use our wonderful cocktail products to create your own concoctions don’t forget to tag us on Instagram using @rinkithome or #RINKIT as we’d love to see!
As always, thanks for reading.
Love Helena and the Rinkit Team.