Mother’s Day is just around the corner and this year we have an easy No Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart that will blow your mothers socks off.
It might not be the mother’s day you originally planned, but when it comes to sweet treats that are homemade… this will be sure to put a smile on her face!
So, what’s so great about this recipe? You might ask, well firstly the timing, it’s quick, simple and easy and you don’t even have to bake it. It’s a simple chill in the fridge type thing and then tuck in. Also, this recipe can be altered to your taste such as the toppings.. or even change it to be not vegan, whatever your choice is, we know you’re going to love it.
Product Used - Argon Tableware White Enamel Deep Bowl 22.5cm Navy
Let’s dive in with the Ingredients
For the chocolate base:
- 70g pitted Medjool dates (about 8)
- 130g almonds
- 30g Green & Black’s 70% dark chocolate melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 130g coconut cream
- 100g / (1 bar) Green & Black’s 70% dark chocolate
- 30g coconut oil
- 70g pitted Medjool dates about 8
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh berries / your choice
- whipped coconut cream
- Firstly you want to make sure that your dates are nice and soft, If they are then nice work, if not, simply soak them in warm/hot water for about 10 minutes, if they need a little longer you’ll know.
- You want to get yourself a food processor or a blender, but a food processor would be better. Then you going to want to pulse half (8) of the (soaked) dates and the almonds until they are rather fine.
Melt your chocolate and add to the processor along with your coconut oil and your pinch of salt then you can continue processing until it is all mixed together and forming what looks like the texture of melted biscuit yummiest.
Time for the fun part, press the mixture into a tart tin if you have one or it would work in a baking tin too. I would suggest pressing it in with your fingers as it’s fun.
Pop that in the fridge to set for an hour or 2. While you are waiting for the base… We can start the filling!
Give your food processor a quick once over clean, because we are going to use it again.
Next we want to heat up the coconut cream, chocolate and coconut oil until melted and looking sensational.
Add this heavenly mixture to the food processor together with the rest of the dates and vanilla extract and process for a whipped smooth consistency.
Pour the chocolate tart filling into the harden base, and then chill it for a further 2 hours.
When it’s done and before you tuck in, decorate the top with whipped coconut cream and fresh fruits for a perfect picture.
Then gift to your mother a slice, and you have the rest. Or gift her the whole thing if you’re feeling extremely generous. Up to you. I know what I’ll be doing.
And there you have it. An extremely easy No Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart for Mother’s Day. If you love this recipe please tag us on Instagram or comment below. We would love to hear about it!
Thank you so much for reading, enjoy the No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart and Happy Mother’s Day to all mummies out there! You deserve all the chocolate tarts and more.
Creative Wizard, Rinkit.com